Kamil A. Jbeily, Ph.D.
“If we are to survive as a viable country in a highly competitive twenty-first century global marketplace, we must TRANSFORM the culture of our educational system. We need a learning community with the courage to create change rather than tolerate change. Change is tough. Timely change is even tougher. We are at a crossroads.
We must serve our students well, treasure and honor our teachers, reward corporate partners, engage policy makers, operate with integrity, and contribute to systemic reform, to the community,and to the world.
Transforming the culture of our educational system is the most important and pressing change that we must initiate and execute. We must give every student, every teacher, and every educator the opportunity to be more, give more, and do more for this Land of Opportunity, the Greatest Country on Earth, the United States of America!” Click here to continue reading Dr. Jbeily’s views about the status of education in the United States.
- The TRC: Telling our Story! August 2012 (YouTube)
- Dr. Jbeily’s Closing Remarks, 17th Annual Meeting Dinner Program, 2011
- Growing Our Own Einsteins: Article on Shell.us, June 2011 (PDF)
- Accompanying video of Dr. Jbeily speaking about the program (YouTube)
- “Possibilities:…” by Drs. Martha May Tevis and John W. McBride, Summer 2010 (PDF)
- First Forum for Science and Mathematics Education Global Kickoff, February 9, 2014
- la Cumbre Nacional de Educación (National Summit For Education, Colombia), October 8 – 10, 2014 (YouTube)
- Texas Science Hall of Fame 2002 Summit (PDF)
- Texas Science Hall of Fame: Recognition by Governor, State Senate and House (PDF)
- UT-Austin 2000 Excellence Award (Alt. PDF)
- An American Story: A Journey of Opportunity (PDF)
- Becoming a Citizen of the United States, the Land of Opportunity
- Shell Oil Company Awards the Texas Regional Collaboratives $1.0 Million Grant
- A Tribute to Michel Halbouty: Dr. Jbeily visits Mr. Halbouty, April 8, 2004 (PDF)
- Celebrating with President Bush the “No Child Left Behind” Act (PDF)
- Honoring the Teachers: A Tribute to Robert Mosbacher, Sr. (PDF)
- A Winning Formula for Serving 8,000 Texas Science Teachers
- Dr. Jbeily celebrates the JASON Foundation 15th Anniversary, March 31, 2004 (PDF)
- Texas Regional Collaboratives for Excellence in Science and Mathematics Teaching Brochure, February 2009 (PDF)
Click here to read Dr. Jbeily’s views about the status of education in the United States.
Professor Jbeily’s Chemistry Syllabus/Resources at Austin Community College: